sexta-feira, 22 de março de 2013

The Adventures of You II - Spoon-feeding



You voltou para a aula com notícias da irmã dele. Na última aula, You perguntou como se dizia "advogado" em inglês, then, eu expliquei para ele que o termo certo depende do país ( USA: attorney/ UK: solicitor/barrister).

- Como eu te falei, teacher, my sister is really getting divorced. Last week, she went to the USA to meet her lawyer... Quero dizer...attorney.

- How do you say " quero dizer"...

- I mean.

... And how do you say " como eu te falei" ?

- Ok, teacher. As I told you, my sister is really getting divorced. Last week, she went to the USA to meet her lawyer...I mean...attorney.

- Wonderful job, You.

- Yes, she told me that pior than getting divorced...how do you say " pior" in English, teacher?

- "Worse ".

- She told me that worse than getting divorced is to confiar in a man again. How do you say " confiar"?

- How can you describe " confiar" in English, You?

- When you believe in somebody?

- Perfect! 

- Can I use " believe in" as " confiar"?

- No, " confiar" é muito mais forte. 

- So, how do you say " confiar"?

- Well, You, this is for me to know and you to find out.

- Sorry? Can you say that again?

- I said that this is for me to know and you to find out - isso quer dizer que eu sei como dizer " confiar" em inglês, você é que tem de descobrir.

- Nossa, teacher. Isso é do mal. O senhor sempre me deu as respostas.

- Eu lhe dei, You, the past tense: I gave you! I won't give you anymore. De agora em diante, se você quiser dizer algo e não souber a palavra, terá que descrevê-la. 

- Mas teacher, tem muita palavra que eu não sei.

- Por isso, você precisa se esforçar para descrevê-la. Sem esforço não há aprendizado, You. Não posso colocar todas as palavras na sua boca. No spoon-feeding anymore.

- Spoon-feeding?

- É quando você ao invés de ensinar a pescar...

- ... You spoon-feeding!

- That's my learner!

- So, how Can I describe something I don't know?

- By saying" how can I say in English when we want to believe in somebody, but this is more than just believing, it is stronger..." Descreve mais, You, fala sobre, dê mais detalhes. Assim, você conseguirá não somente descrever a palavra que você não sabe, como também praticar mais a fala.

- Ok, teacher. I got it. I will do my best to describe the new words. You can believe in me.

- Can I  really TRUST you?

- Ahhh... TRUST...Yes, you can TRUST  me, of course, if you have any problems with me, you can call a barrister or an American attorney and discuss my case in the court.

- Very clever, You. 

- By the way, teacher, how do you say " não gostou, me processa" in English?

- You!!!

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário